Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 09:09:08 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
Cc:        Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SMBFS troubles...anyone using it?

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 09:00:41AM -0400, G. Jason Middleton wrote:
> I says to load the following in the kernel
>
> LIBMCHAIN and LIBICONV
>
> i get an error when i go to configure my kernel with LIBICONV in it.  So i
> tried using kldload smbfs.ko i get "kldload: can't load smbfs.ko: Exec
> format error" when i try to run "mount_smbfs -I 192.168.0.200
> //jason@lewscious/mp3 /home/jason/30gig"
>  i get "mount_smbfs: vfsload(smbfs): Exec format error".

If you can't load the kernel module, that seems to imply that the
kernel doesn't like the way it's been built.

What's your kernel version? I've got 4.X-STABLE, and smbfs built on
Apr 17 15:09 NZST works fine. Didn't need to put any special options
or anything into the kernel.
--
Jonathan Chen                                       Once is dumb luck.
                                                 Twice is coincidence.