Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 98 13:34:52 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        lubnazia@mail.cyberaccess.com.pk
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UnNamed

Hello,

You MUST upgrade the source tree of the operating system via cvsup
stable-supfile to get the new capability - this is not a package or a
port : it is in the kernel.

So :
run cvsup / make world
and you will be up to date and will be able to use dummynet.

	TfH

> 1) As I have read, the bandwidth management tool "dummynet" is part of
> freebsd 2.2.8.

this is it : you must have 2.2.8 to use dummynet