Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:34:34 -0400
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Matthew Jacob <lydianconcepts@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: wierdness with NFS in -current or RELENG_6 (?)

--nextPart1297222.MUDIBmEmi7

On Saturday 15 July 2006 16:15, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> server: FBSD RELENG_6 (within the last couple weeks), i386
>
> client: FBSD -current (yesterday) i386 [1] or either i386/amd64[2], or
> linux[3]
>
> 1. Mounted a directory from the server, not reserved port, otherwise
> default. A normal file on the server appeared, briefly, as an empty
> directory (!!!!).
>
> 2. The 'ro' qualifier in fstab seems to be being ignored.
>
> 3. Linux RHES4 cannot reliably mount NFS from the above server- one
> out of 3 times it hangs. It's usually convenient to blame Linux, but
> the problem goes away with combinations of restarting mountd or nfsd
> on the server.
>
> Anyone else with the same experiences?

I've had similar experiences but would also add:

4. Guest nfs client can no longer follow a symlink on the server that point=
s=20
to another folder within the same tree. That symlink now appears as an empt=
y=20
folder. It worked fine for years until recently. Solution is to create an=20
export to the actual location.

=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #9: Sat Jul 15 10:49:05 EDT 2006    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc