Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2022 21:40:22 -0700
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD on Apple M1

Hi,

Thanks to a donation from nc@, I had received an Apple M1 Mini for
FreeBSD baremetal porting purposes a long while back -- we made some amount of
progress, but have since stalled a bit due to some issues (lack of
familiarity with FreeBSD USB/PCI, time).

I'd like to open up this hardware a bit for other people to hop in and
help out, so I've setup an account on a local Mac Studio running macOS
that may be used for serial access to the M1 mini, which is our
initial target.

If you have any experience with USB/PCI on FreeBSD or want to take a
stab at it, please get in touch and I will arrange access. I'll be at
EuroBSDCon and fully intend to try and poke a couple people about the
problem areas we're currently experiencing there, as well.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans