Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:18:48 +0000
From:      Robert Inder <robert@interactive.co.uk>
To:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing OO Locali[sz]ation

I confess I'm a relative newbie at the port munging game...

With that in mind, I've just built Openoffice from the port on
a FreeBSD 6.4 machine, working via Portmaster.

It took 12 hours to build, but it got there.  Back patting all round...

And then I realised that it is localized for en-US.

A question and an observation.

The question is: how can I fix this?  I believe I can do it by
rebuilding the port with LOCALIZED_LANG=en-GB, but given that
this is going to make the machine distinctly unresponsive
for more than a day, I'm keen to avoid it if I can.

Is there no quicker way to make just this change?

The observation is that I didn't notice a place where I was asked to choose
the locale to use.  I guess there may have been such a question, but
if I had noticed it, I would certainly have chosen GB.

So, to my mind, something went wrong with the build process.  I
managed to miss answering what I think should have been a very
obvious in-your-face question...

Robert.

--
Robert Inder                                     0131 229 1052 / 07808 492 213
Interactive Information Ltd,   3, Lauriston Gardens, Edinburgh EH3 9HH