Date:      Sat, 08 Jul 2006 13:17:01 -0400
From:      Tom Convery <tpc@tomfoo.com>
To:        vk7rb-dsl@keypoint.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OO 2.0.3 build on 6.1

Robert McKenzie wrote:
> Where it falls over is building SlideSorterView I have had a look at
> the .o file that exists after compiling fails and all that is in it
> is the header line and no other contents and the .obj file is not created.

I had this problem too, until I found ports/98949. Apparently
SlideSorterView.o needs quite a lot of memory and/or swap to build. My
old build machine's 256MB of RAM and 512MB of swap was not enough. After
increasing the swap to 1GB, I was able to build SlideSorterView.o (and
the rest of OO 2.0.3).

-tpc