Date:      Fri, 08 Aug 1997 16:59:22 -0700
From:      Jason Liao <jasonl@xinetron.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realtek 8129 Fast Ethernet Card Support?

/* mailed and posted */

Doug White wrote:

> > There is a Fast Ethernet Card based on Realtek 8129 Chip available on
> > the market.  It's inexpensive, about $30 to $40 per unit.  Is there any
> > hints about how to make it work with FreeBSD?
>
> It's detected properly in 2.2.2 (2.2.1 maybe?) and later.  Configure ed1
> and you should be OK.
Realtek 8029 is detected as ed2 in 2.2.1.  It works fine.  However, this
one
is 8129, a Fast Ethernet chip.

> BTW, you can get DEC 21041-based cards for the same price, and they are
> much better supported.
Recently I got a 21142-based Fast Ethernet card.  Using the latest
if_de.c, it worked
with 2.2.1 but the speed auto-sensing didn't work properly.

Thanks for answering my question.

--
Jason Liao