Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:11:44 -0500
From:      "Haulmark, Chris" <chris@sigd.net>
To:        "Jeff Mohney" <mohneyj@gmail.com>, <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Cold Fusion

Someone broke the silence:=20

> All,
> I am looking for a good port for a cold fusion plug in to apache on
> Free BSD or anything to run this cold fusion site.  The user is
> currently running it on blue dragon on linux...but..I have to maintain
> now and want to migrate over to FBSD and this is the only thing
> holding me back.  While I realize BlueDragon doesn't run on F BSD, I
> would like to find something else that is an easy port that can run
> the cold fusion scripts..........
> A search at
> www.freebsd.org/ports under both 5.x and 4.x stable returns nothing
> for the keywords cold fusion. Any suggestions/advice/guidance?

My company uses Coldfusion 4.5 (yea the code is so terrible that we =
cannot move all the sites to MX version) for both Windows and Linux.

Upon the beginning of my employment, I have moved the company toward =
FreeBSD.  I plan to leave the current Linux system (that is running =
Coldfusion) alone because I have researched on the possiblity of running =
Coldfusion server on FreeBSD with Linux Emulation.

BlueDragon is something that I have never heard of.  I started to read =
the site and noticed that they provide a Linux script as an installer.  =
Perhaps you could hack it around to get it running under the Linux =
Emulation.

If you succeed..let me know...I am pushing the company toward getting =
rid of Coldfusion because our sites on Windows got terrible problems =
that involve intermittent downtimes.

Chris