Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 23:43:21 -0600
From:      Ken Wills <kenwills@mailbag.com>
To:        michael <michale@tc.ht.net.tw>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aobut sound card setting for freebsd

* michael (michale@tc.ht.net.tw) [991206 23:24]:

> 2.while adding kernel lines(make kernel) for sound card (snd...)
> errors appeared like:
> --->	undefined symol.... error code 1;and I can't "make" with this
> line,why?I've just updated the 3.3 stable sources and "make 	world"
> correctlly.

for the es137x chips (the ensoniq ones) - you need

device pnp0
device es1
in your kernel config file. Thats it. And don't go putting pnp0 in
there twice now... :)

> 3.Is there any other solution recommended for sound system,maybe
> commercial s/w like OSS to make it easy for most pop sound
> cards?

Yes http://www.4front-tech.com have one. But why? I've been using one
of these cards with the pcm driver and it works great.
Take a look at 'man pcm after you get your kernel to build correctly.

Ken

--

Ken Wills
kenwills@mailbag.com