Date:      Thu, 28 May 2009 16:48:00 +0200
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
Cc:        ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MPC8555CDS: U-Boot vs loader compatibility

On 2009-05-26, at 21:15, Rafal Jaworowski wrote:

> On 2009-05-26, at 18:50, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>
>> I think I recently updated the FreeBSD loader on my CDS
>> that has U-Boot version 1.3.2-rc1 on it (yes, that sounds
>> rather fuzzy :-) In any case, the latest PowerPC U-Boot
>> loader is having a problem with netbooting. I see packets
>> being transmitted (BOOTP), but none of the responses seem
>> to arrive at the loader. Then the ARP resolution is
>> attempted, which fails as well.
>
> I'll try the latest loader tomorrow and let you know how this work
> here.

I checked a freshly built loader from HEAD and it works fine with U-
Boot 2008.10-rc2-00091-g2f4342b.

One other random thought: I don't know if you were altering your set-
up, but make sure the Ethernet cable is physically connected to the
socket, whose MAC address you expect to be recognized/served by DHCP/
BOOTP. U-Boot silently switches to a next phy on the list in search
for the active link if the given one is not active, so when the found-
to-be active does not match you could observe things like this...

Rafal