Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 18:58:44 -0500
From:      Shawn Leas <sleas@ixion.honeywell.com>
To:        Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: chown/chmod doesn't work on FAT slices

The best I've come to resolving this is using a `dos'
group, and adding users to it as I see fit.

It would be real nice if you could have ACLs on the
mountpoint, so you could at least break out read,
write, execute, etc into different groups...

On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 09:55:55AM +1000, Andrew Johns wrote:
> Oops - my mistake.  Thanks Shawn for the correction.
>
> Either way, however, the whole of the M$ partition will be
> owned by that user.  You cannot have different parts owned by
> different users as there is nowhere (in the M$ partition) to
> store that information.

-- Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
   Day 2279 for the poor and the middle class.
   Day 2298 for the rich and the dead.
   643 days remaining in the Raw Deal.