Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 12:45:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        sandy@lapkin.rosprint.ru, xmm@ugai.kcn.ru, hardware@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How can i run Eicon X.25 card with FreeBSD?

> Uh, Sandy, there was no way anyway since we don't have any *drivers*
> for the EICON X.25 card!  The CCITT code is the least of Marat's
> worries (and I just happen to be familiar with this card, having a
> friend who worked for EICON - it's a bear to program!).

Hey!  That's the X.25 card that we wrote the X.29 pad services for
for the French Ministry of Defense!

Not under BSD, and many years ago...

> Bringing CCITT back would be fairly easy, if someone had the urge.
> Writing an X.25 driver for the card would be the hard part.  If you're
> going to point fingers, at least make sure you point them in the right
> direction! :-)

If anyone plans to bring it back, there are a number of library and
kernel interface issues that have historically kludged which I hope
you would clean up while you were at it...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.