Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 12:45:36 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   empty directories ?

I'm working on updating the xemacs21 port to version 21.1.7.

I noticed that, when installed using the port, a whole slew of empty
directories is created in the PREFIX. These are apparently place-holders
for various packages and I @dirrm them in PLIST.

These directories are not created by pkg_add unless I ``@exec mkdir'' them
in PLIST. The result is a bunch of error messages when pkg_delete is done
if I don't do the mkdir's.

I'm just wondering - should I mkdir all these empty directories so that
pkg_delete doesn't complain, or just let the user think there's something
wrong ?

Seems like mkdir'ing is better from a POLA viewpoint.

--------
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net