Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:53:57 -0800
From:      Rafael Barrero <raistlin@lokigames.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Glide2x on FreeBSD? Anyone? Anyone...

Has anyone here had any luck compiling Glide2x (from the SourceForge project pages - http://www.sourceforge.net/project/?form_grp=369) under FreeBSD? Glide2x, not Glide3x.

Essentially I'm looking to build a native glide2x.so for testing under FreeBSD, but I'm not having much luck with the (latest) CVS snapshot. It seems to me (I could be utterly wrong here) that the makefiles and organization of the distribution are mangled to some extent. The webpage does indicate FreeBSD, unfortunately I've had little luck building this thing. I noticed there are some existing FreeBSD ports available... but those only lead me to dead links.

If I could get someone to fix this or help me out, that would be fantastic.

Much appreciated,

Rafael Barrero
Loki Software, Inc.

"You know ... you take the killing for granted. And then it's gone, and you're like, 'I wish I'd appreciated it more.' Stopped and smelled the corpses, you know?"
                -Spike (BtVS)