Date:      Fri, 06 Oct 1995 14:41:11 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -stable: kernel compile problems since a few days.. undefined symbols. Why ?

> Heeelllppp !!! ;-))
>
> Someone here who knows more about this  ???

I saw this too.  Your build environment is out of sync with your
kernel sources, somehow.  If you look at the definition for
`isonum_711', for example, you'll see that it's inlined and should
*never even appear* as an external ref in cd9660_lookup.o, among
others!

I "fixed" it by blowing away my source and binary tree (I saw this
in my chroot area during release builds) and rebuilding it all
from scratch.  The problem went away.

					Jordan