Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 16:26:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   syscons mouse support overlapping ISO-Latin-1?

I noticed that the syscons mouse support uses 0xD2 and 0xD3 to do its
thing.  (It probably uses other characters, too, but those are the
ones I'm concerned about.)  Under ISO-Latin-1, these overlap with two
letters (which Unicode has, in a bout of creativity, named "Latin
capital letter O with grave" and "Latin capital letter O with acute").
I am using Latin-1 for my current project, and was wondering if there
is some wonderful method of allowing the two to coexist in peace.  Any
thoughts?

Happy hacking,
joelh

--