Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:22:44 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to set speed on chat/expect script?

Hello,

I am using getty std.115200 on our terminal server. In order to get our
modems to talk to getty correctly, I need to issue "at&b1". This tells
the modem (USR Courier) to fix its serial rate with the tty. If
I do this manually with:

# cu -l /dev/cuaaX -s 115200

It works perfectly (since cu talks to the port at 115200). I then
made a chat script to reset and initailze modems, and ran it like this:

# chat -f reset.script < /dev/cuaaX > /dev/cuaaX

And it looks like it works fine. However, since the "chat" command is run
at 9600 baud (I think; that is what stty says), the modem locks in at
9600 and freezes when getty talks to it at 115200.

I tried doing a "stty 115200" before the script, but it did not help.
Anyone know how to get around this, or anyone have a working script to
reset a modem at a fixed serial rate?

I was thinking of doing an tcl/expect script using cu/tip, but that sounds a
little too ugly unless I have to.

Thanks,
Kevin