Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 18:40:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        steve howe <un_x@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp probs

I noticed the same thing. My solution was to use pppd. pppd is a lot
easier to use and seems more reliable.

-- Jay

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, steve howe wrote:

->i need the ppp expert that doesn't know what he's doing in a handbasket!
->:)
->-
->my ISP upgraded his Linux box to redhat 4.0.  now my (2.2.1) PPP (iij)
->establishes a link (PPP in caps), but i can do nothing more.
->my windows 3.1 winsocket/netscape 2.02 works just fine still,
->but my freebsd utilities can't "do" anything.
->-
->i can't enclose too much pertinent data, because of the connection
->i'm forced to use now (hotmail.com).
->-
->my PPP routing tables look ok (except my UG is not UGc like i remember),
->my default PPP debug logs look ok and show i connect, i am using
->>the deny/disable lqr thingie ...
->-
->ping, whether alphabetic or numeric addresses just hangs.
->same with ftp, telnet, nslookup, lynx, etc.
->i am sure of my names/addresses in resolve.conf.
->-
->i have tried various other PPP scripts, but nothing makes any
->difference.  help!
->-
->ps - anyone notice that the computer featured on Strange Univers
->was running FreeBSD on Wednesday?
->
->
->Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com