Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:46:52 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        "Jeff Jeter" <gsfgf@hotmail.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cannon S300

On Monday 18 February 2002 13:08, Jeff Jeter wrote:
> I am trying to setup a canon S300 printer.  I don't think that usb is setup
> correctly.  usbd says no usb host controllers found.

I'm assuming that you mean by this that the printer is using USB?
Check your BIOS to make sure USB is enabled properly in the BIOS,
then check the hardware lists to make sure your host controller is
supported by FreeBSD

> I have pnm2ppa and my /etc/printcap is:

You're putting the cart ahead of the horse.  If your printer is USB and
the USB isn't working, you're not going to get anywhere with a
printcap file until USB is fixed.  Focus on that.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology technical services