Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:41:48 +0300
From:      Pavel Timofeev <timp87@gmail.com>
To:        Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, miwi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfce 4.8 upgrade errors

> Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
> It's known bug Xdm and ConsoleKit. With Xdm and Xfce you don't need to
> add ck-launch-session in your ~/.xinitrc.
> I don't know, why you don't use Xfce's xinitrc, it works fine with Xdm
> (I use it). You should also add symbolic link between ~/.xinitrc and
> ~/.xsession.

Thank you very much, Oviler, and sorry for your time!
But I`ve already figured out my problem.
I just added '/usr/local/bin/startxfce4' to .xsession
and then I made link from .xsession to .xinitrc (to act on your advice)
All works fine: I see icons and menu.
Really sorry for your time.

I still have one last problem (opera crashes system in xfce), but I think
I'll deal with it myself. Maybe it's again my inaccuracy or carelessness.

> Excerpt of configure script:
> [...]
> --disable-hal           Do not enable HAL (default=enabled)
> --disable-upower        Do not enable Upower support (formely
>                         devicekit-power) (default=enabled)
> --disable-consolekit    Do not enable ConsoleKit (default=enabled)
> --disable-polkit        Do not enable PolicyKit support (default=enabled)
> [...]
> I use sysutils/polkit (not sysutils/policykit which is replaced by
> polkit, and any more /usr/local/etc/PolicyKit/
> PolicyKit.conf) for
> logout / disconnect session and everything works fine.

I have porridge in my head from all this things=)
Various *kit and u* makes me cry)
And now I don`t know how to properly configure xfce on freebsd.