Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:36:00 +0200
From:      diego damo <loveproof@supereva.it>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Excuses and help for internal US Robotics Sportster.

--------------19FF119211004ABA368A7077

First of all i have to excuse myself with the ppl of the ISDN  list for
the mistake i've done on the first mail i've put there. It was obviously
a ISA TA and not a PCI, the internal TA ISDN i've bought. (US ROBOTICS
internal TA ISDN)
Anyway,following the instructions i've found on the web,and after
several (19) kernel recompilations, now the TA seems working. It's well
recognized by the system and i think the support
on the kernel is alright. Anyway this is the message it gives me :

i4b: ISDN call control device attached
i4bisppp: 4 ISDN SyncPPP device(s) attached
i4bctl: ISDN system control port attached
i4bipr: 4 IP over raw HDLC ISDN device(s) attached
i4btel: 2 ISDN telephony interface device(s) attached
i4brbch: 4 raw B channel access device(s) attached
i4btrc: 4 ISDN trace device(s) attached

Now, i've looked around for help with the configuration and i've found
some interesting site about the ISDN 4 BSD but,since it's the first time
in my life i've to deal with this stuff, i've found it
difficult to understand. I'm not used to asking help,never,but this time
i really don't know WHAT TO DO.
The documentations says to configure the isdnd configuration file,
placed in /etc/isdn/isdnd.rc. I've tried to do it but the results has
been a kernel panic (with obvious reboot) when i try to
launch the daemon. Here's the questions :

1) There is a way to use the pppd (with chat or any other program)
without setupping the ISDND daemon ?
2) If not,could someone send me a "already setup" isdnd.rc example file
? (of course without any userid or password :D)
3) What is the device name for the internal TA ? i even don't understand
which is....if i4b or isp0....dunno,am really clueless about

I know these are "lamer" questions but this thing is driving me
insane...Linux was much easier (i'm joking eheh :>)
I promise the next e.mail will be way shorten than this one  :>

Thanx for helping

Diego Damo

Diego Damo      Guida Linux @ superEva.it
http://guide.supereva.it/informatica_e_internet/linux
Sito personale @ http://members.xoom.com/livinglinux
alt. e.mails : Xamenos@mail.gr || Loveproof@libero.it
Articoli Linux&C : d.damo@oltrelinux.com
Cellulare : 0347 / 4972313

--------------19FF119211004ABA368A7077

&nbsp;
list for the mistake i've done on the first mail i've put there. It was
obviously a ISA&nbsp;TA and not a PCI, the internal TA&nbsp;ISDN&nbsp;i've
bought. (US&nbsp;ROBOTICS internal TA&nbsp;ISDN)
(19) kernel recompilations, now the TA seems working. It's well recognized
by the system and i think the support
some interesting site about the ISDN 4 BSD but,since it's the first time
in my life i've to deal with this stuff, i've found it
time i really don't know WHAT&nbsp;TO&nbsp;DO.
placed in /etc/isdn/isdnd.rc. I've tried to do it but the results has been
a kernel panic (with obvious reboot) when i try to
setupping the ISDND&nbsp;daemon ?
file ? (of course without any userid or password :D)
understand which is....if i4b or isp0....dunno,am really clueless about
was much easier (i'm joking eheh :>)
<pre>Diego Damo</pre>

<pre>
Diego Damo&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Guida Linux @ superEva.it