Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:43:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      wildcardus freakis <wildcard@dax.belen.k12.nm.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compiling Pine

There was a new patch release for Pine 4.10 to prevent remote
exploitation, I am currently running pine 3.96 which I belive to be
exploitable so I downloaded the current version of pine4.10 from
washington pine mirror and have been trying to make it and install it.  I
have been having some difficulty...

The way pine installs is from a build file not a regular makefile so I
cannot seem to define the compiler that I use i.e. CC=cc CC=gcc <---This
is the one that I use.  with that aside, I need to define -lcrypt
somewhere because I am getting the std  Undefined symbol '_crypt' found in
line XXX
Error

Stop.

Has anyone ever tried to try a non-port copy of pine for freebsd?
Does anyone have any experience in defineing variables for build files?

nayway...Thanks in advance

Sasha Egan
Belen Consolidated Schools
Belen, New Mexico