Date:      21 Jan 2003 10:41:21 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make.conf in FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE

Hi all,

I'm prodding at FreeBSD 5.0 and making sure I can still do everything
I did in 4.x. I'm now trying to prep for a make world and I've run
into a problem.

/etc/defaults/make.conf doesn't seem to exist anymore. There is a
/usr/share/examples/make.conf but that doesn't contain any of the
lines that are present in /etc/make.conf

Do I still specify things like NO_BIND="YES" the same way I used to in
this file ?

Also, in /etc/make.conf, I currently have
PERL_VER=5.6.1
PERL_VERSION=5.6.1
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo

what the hell does yo mean? Yes or no ?

TIA,

--
- Wayne Pascoe
    The thing is, I was POSITIVE that I wasn't