Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 01:06:51 +0200 (EET)
From:      Tomi Vainio <tomppa@fidata.fi>
To:        Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 driver patches

Eivind Eklund writes:

 > > Now I have found that new bt849 hauppauge card gives picture on uhf
 > > channels 25 and 35 but no sound.  Also there is nothing on vhf
 > > channels 6 and 8.  These four are Finnish main channels that you
 > > should get from air here.
 >
 > In what case do it give picture?  With the patches, or just the plain
 > driver pre-patching?

I tried Philips band switch values and now vhf channels are working
also but still no sound.  Should I also try Philips PLL stuff or
something?

        /* TEMIC_PAL */
        { "Temic PAL",                          /* the 'name' */
           TTYPE_PAL,                           /* input type */
           TEMIC_PALI_WADDR,                    /* PLL write address */
           TSA552x_SCONTROL,                    /* control byte for PLL */
           { 0x00, 0x00 },                      /* band-switch crosspoints */
/*         { 0x02, 0x04, 0x01 } },              ** the band-switch values */
           { 0xa0, 0x90, 0x30 } },              /* the band-switch values */

  Tomppa
--
Tomi Vainio              Mail: tomppa@iki.fi      Phone: +358 (0)50 1529