Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 16:49:46 +0200
From:      Frutsel <frutsel@inorix.dyn.dhs.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   quakeforge no sound

Hello,

I'm trying to get quakeforge to build the quake-gl target with working sound.
Building works, but when you try to run it, it complains about about /dev/dsp:

/dev/dsp: invalid argument
could not set /dev/dsp to stereo=2

The -x11 and -sdl targets work WITH sound.

I found a mail somewhere (using google) from the port-maintainer to the quakeforge team about OSS differences, but no way to fix it...
I'd like to have sound though... any help?

JAVE.