Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 2015 22:33:27 +0800
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "pkg@freebsd.org" <pkg@freebsd.org>, "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SOLVED: pkg version mismatch [succeeds port...]

On Monday, June 1, 2015, Jeffrey Bouquet via freebsd-ports <
freebsd-ports@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I noticed the ports tree here had net/uget 1.10.4_1 even after "svn up"...
> while
> pkg upgrading installed 2.0.  "pkg version" (one of 3 ways) reported
> "succeeds port"... was about to post a question about pkg, but it can be
> fixed
> by
>
> cd /usr/ports/net/uget
> svn revert . -R

That command will revert any local changes you have made to the port files
(if you edited them manually, it reverts them to the official version from
FreeBSD ports).

I guess it is not documented within pkg(8) as it has nothing to do with
pkg. It's purely related to how subversion deals with local modifications
to repository files.

For more documentation on the subversion command, you can check:
$ svn help revert

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods