Date:      Sat, 27 Aug 2011 23:03:52 -0700
From:      Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bridged wireless access point in FreeBSD 8.2p2

On Aug 27, 2011, at 8:48 PM, CyberLeo Kitsana wrote:

> This looks correct so far, for an unsecured wireless access point. The
> wlan0 device is the interface you will use for communicating; the ath0
> device exists solely as a target for wlan0 creation.

After some more head scratching, it sounds like what I want is a bridge. =
Reading if_bridge(4), the first example looks a lot like what I am =
trying to do.=20

My initial attempt didn't fare any better but I expect I have a lot of =
cruft to dig through from the earlier attempts.=20

Did I misread this? Does sending packets between two physical interfaces =
require a bridge? No other docs have mentioned it but of their "easy =
instructions" have worked either.=20
--
Paul Beard

Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?=20