Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:11:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      meta <zeno@interport.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APM on a Thinkpad 760, 3.2-RELEASE

thanks for your suggestions, but i still haven't nailed it down, so
perhaps's i'll be more specific...
i initially posted that

Nate Williams wrote:
> Unplug power from it, and try it again.  You've got to be running off
> batteries for APM to work.  (APM under power on Win95 also fails on my
> ThinkPad)
this i foolishly HADN'T tried, but, alas, unplugging A/C power didn't
change matters. thanks anyway.

Frank Louwers suggested:
> Try ejecting all of your PCMCIA cards before suspending. I have the same
> problem on a TP760CD with 3.1-RELEASE + PAO
actually, this was my own omission: there were no PCMCIA cards plugged in
during my attempts to suspend.

what's strange about this is that the machine DOES SUSPEND, but wakes
immediately back up... the kernel reports (for instance)
   Jul 30 07:02:30 bento /kernel: resumed from suspend mode (slept
	00:00:10)

i suppose some verbose loggin would help matters -- i tried booting the
kernel w/ the -v flag, but that didn't effect APM logging. specifically,
i'd love to know which function the BIOS called upon waking, and whether
there's any way to log what event it was that woke the machine up.

thanks for any further advice,
   kieran