Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:57:44 -0500
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        avilla@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Updating net-im/telepathy-qt4

--Sig_/l9NfN/h0Sr7ZSyt/9ecErkE

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 00:29:00 +0100
Alberto Villa articulated:

> On Thursday 23 February 2012 00:00:15 Andriy Gapon wrote:
> > Just in case, I've run into the same problem.
> > Couple of points (in a simple-user mode):
> > - my Qt installation should be "good" as no other port had any
> > problem=20
> with
> > it and there were no run-time issues and the relevant Qt ports were
> > installed a long time ago
>=20
> OK, I'll check what's wrong.
>=20
> > - I don't "need" that port for anything (in fact I don't even know
> > what it provides) - it must be (or have been) a dependency of
> > something
> >=20
> > A more educated observation: it seems that telepathy-qt4 is not
> > required=20
> by
> > any other installed package now.
>=20
> It was installed by kdenetwork4 quite some time ago. It's been
> useless for months (it will be required by KDE Telepathy, currently
> in KDE/FreeBSD area51).

You will notice that there is a notation
regarding "telepathy-glib":

-- checking for module 'telepathy-glib>=3D0.17.2'
--   package 'telepathy-glib>=3D0.17.2' not found
-- Telepathy-glib not found or its version is < 0.17.2

I can't find that installed on my system. Do you think that might be the
problem? I really hate to start installing a lot of crap for no reason.
The port version is only 12.7 while the latest release is 17.5.

--=20
Jerry =E2=99=94

The Ancient Doctrine of Mind Over Matter:
	I don't mind... and you don't matter.

=0D	As revealed to reporter G. Rivera by Swami Havabanana