Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:47:51 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
Cc:        Chris Knight <fbsd-stb@ghostwheel.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mergemaster rocks!

Gregory Bond wrote:

> It's kewl and orta be in the base system and mentioned prominently on every
> web page and all and all...

	I doubt that it will ever be in the base, since the chances of me
having commit privileges are very very small. :)  Besides, I'd much
rather see a system that includes stuff from the ports rather than
adding more bloat to the base, even if I happen to feel that it's useful
bloat.

> but I wish there was an option to point out files in the live /etc that weren't
> in the prototype one ...

	I will put this option on the list, the problem is that a system like
this will generate a lot of "warnings" for files that really do belong,
and I'd hate for people to delete something they shouldn't. :-/

> and that it was smarter dealing with pwd.db and spwd.db

	I considered this, but what exactly do you want it to do? There are
good arguments for several different courses of action, and frankly I
couldn't decide which to do. Also, I felt that there were some files
that warranted individual attention, and the password files fall into
that category. I do welcome suggestions though.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

     Like desperadoes waiting for a train . . .