Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 95 02:25:23 +0100
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
To:        erich@lodgenet.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/emulators/linux_lib - Imported sources

 >> shared memory id=131072, addr=0x802c000
 >>
 >> The program starts, and crashes after a few seconds :0(
 >>
 >> Broken pipe
 >>
 >> And if I try to restart the program, it ends immediatly with
 >> Using MITSHM extension
 >> errno=17
 >> Error: Could not get any shared memory
 >>
 >> Any hints?

 > I haven't run doom much, but I've heard that a broken .wad? file will
 > cause the core dump.

Gary gave the answer: remove the sound server program

 > as to fix it... (so that you can restart doom)
 > you need to run  `ipcs -M' to determine the id of the shared mem seg,
 > then `ipcrm -m <shm-id>' to clear it out.  Then you can run doom again.

 > ipcs and ipcrm have manpages in -current, and possibly in the more
 > recent snaps,  I remember a fairly recent commit message so you may
 > have to look.

'ipcs -m' and 'ipcrm -m <shm-id>' did the job. Thanks.

 > I'm encouraged to see you got this far :)

But I am only at the begining of the game - I have now to figure how to
start a level :-)

Jean-Marc

 Jean-Marc Zucconi       Observatoire de Besancon       F 25010 Besancon cedex
                   PGP Key: finger jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr