Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 1999 19:30:53 -0400
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeMWare for FreeBSD??

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 12:54:25 -0600
From: Darren WIebe <dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com>
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

Hello All:

    I have been communicating with the person behind the
Freemware
project and he stressed that the software would not only be for
Linux.
For a start it will probably run on Linux, they had to chose a
starting
point.  However, anybody  interested in working on the necessary
patches
to make it run on FreeBSD, or any other O.S. for that matter,
would be
strongly encouraged to do so.  It is there goal to have it run on
many
O.S.  He also stressed that it is most definitely NOT just a
Linux
Project. Maybe the rest of you knew that this was not going to be
only
for Linux, but I did not.  For those of you that did not know
anything
about this, it is a project to come up with free software that
will run
multiple operating systems simultaneously.  From the amount of
questions there have been on whether we can run VMWare, I think
that
there is a demand for the capability.  Can we get some help for
the
project.  If you have questions you can look at the web site at
www.freemware.org.

Thanks in Advance,

Darren Wiebe
dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com