Date:      Wed, 25 May 2005 07:57:11 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Dexter <dexter@ambidexter.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jail and compat_linux plans?

Hi Michael,

> This question may be way, way, way too early but...
>
> Are jail and compat_linux being maintained in the PPC tree?

  I believe that jail will "just work" since it's not PPC-specific (and
in the GENERIC kernel).

  There's not been any work on compat_linux though, despite the
excellent set of articles by Emmanuel Dreyfus on NetBSD/PPC linux emu -

    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/10/linux_bsd.html

  I have glanced at the linux_base ports, though none really seem to be
the right distro for PPC. Any ideas on that ?

later,

Peter.