Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2001 18:32:55 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange request: Reading RX-50 (aka DEC Rainbow 100) disks

I have the need to read a whole pile of DEC Rainbow 100 floppies.  I
can do it on the DEC Rainbow, but that's a huge pita since it isn't
networked.  I'd like to either connect a RX-50 drive to my machine, or
use a 1.2M 5.25" floppy drive that I can scrounge easily enough to do
the deed.

80 tracks, 10 spt, 1 side.  400k in size.  I think it uses either
250kb/s or 300kb/s for the data transfer rate (same as the 3.5" low
density drives, if my memory isn't going south).

Has anybody done this before?  Any pointers?

Warner