Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:49:45 +0100
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DEor=F0ur_Ivarsson?= <totii@est.is>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strane memory usage on 2.2.5 (Re: Strange memory usage on 2.2.1 (leak ?))

Žoršur Ivarsson writes:
> >         82 processes running, accounting for 62M / 51M virtual/resident,
> >         _no_ Netscape running
>
> Are you running Netscape. Netscape is known of memory leak.

	See above: No netscape running when I took the stats.  Netscape
	HAD been runnning before, but I killed it, and that made no
	difference.

	(looks like a system or Xserver problem if the memory doens't return
	on process death).

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-
  "Pluto placed his bad dog at the entrance of Hades to keep the dead IN and