Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 19:27:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Read data from Audio CD's?

Hi!
---

I was recently wondering if there would be any possibility to read the raw
digital audio data from an audio cd. I looked into the various drivers but
did not find something that looks like it would be willing to do this job.
Are there any hardware restrictions on the cd-rom drives that do not permit
to read the raw audio data but just play audio CD's or aren't the drivers
that advanced that they're able to do this task, or am I totally wrong?

Thankful for any advice.

Regards, Mickey

--
          (__)