Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:04:07 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   status on the bt848 driver.

The bt848 driver is for the Intel Smart Video Recorder III PCI board whose only
chipset is the Brooktree Bt848.

The driver is in pretty good shape right now. I have tv working and vic
working with the bt848 driver. Whats left is to clean up the code
and do a short write up on the ioctls implemented, and test furthermore
the driver for about a week to ensure that there are no real nasty
hardware bugs . If all goes well not this Friday but the next one I will
release the driver. So folks don't buy any Smart Video Recorders III for
FreeBSD till I finished testing the hardware.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio