Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:14:59 +0100 (CET)
From:      Claus Guttesen <cguttesen@yahoo.dk>
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>, FreeBSD amd64 List <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SMP support and Tyan S288X boards

> Looking for opteron boards got some reports of Tyan
> S288X boards working.
> Does the AMD64 version of FreeBSD support SMP well
> in these boards?

I have a GX28 1U Barebone (dual opteron) with 4 GB RAM
and a 3ware-SATA->RAID-card and it worked out of the
box. The onboard SiL-SATA-RAID appears not to fare
well. I was advised by my supplier to add a 3ware-card
instead.

I've just setup an TX46 2U Barebone (quad ;-) with 4
GB RAM. I had to move the LSI-RAID-card from one
PCI-slot to another (?!?!?) to get the RAID-card to
work, but I beleive that's a once-in-a-lifetime. It
does seem to work fine as well. These are cheaper than
their HP, IBM and Sun-counterpart last time I checked
the prise, except that there is no dual-power and
disks are limited to two.

Claus