Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 11:42:36 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        tkelley@cy.com (Tim M. Kelley)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: custom boot from floppy

Tim M. Kelley stands accused of saying:

> If I make the outlined changes described below and compile, how do I get the
> resulting executable onto a floppy so that I can use it as a boot floppy?

The end result of building in that directory are two files, boot1 and boot2.
You can either say 'make install' in that directory and install these
two as the standard boot images, and then say

disklabel -B <device>

or you can use them in-place with :

disklabel -B -b boot1 -s boot2 <device>

]] "wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai                   [[