Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 1995 19:26:37 -0500
From:      Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail weirdness.....

Having a strange problem with sendmail.

Configuration:

486/66 running 2.0.5-RELEASE (hostname: kilgour)
   iijppp connection to ISP
   ed1 connection to ethernet

on net are 2 pc's running lantasti tcp/ip and one mac (running mactcp)

If I telnet to kilgour port 25 from the mac, it comes right up. If I send
mail from the mac, it works fine.

If I telnet from either pc, it just hangs for about 1 minute (maybe more).
'ps ax' shows a sendmail process in "startup from ...pc...". After a while,
I get the sendmail banner.

Eudora on the mac sends fine, eudora on the pc doesn't work. Setting my smtp
on the pc to my ISP ---DOES--- work.

ping, telnet (regular to 23) work on the pc's just fine. Telnetting to my
ISP port 25 works fine.

This has me TOTALLY stumped.....

Thanks for any help.

Randy