Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:30:53 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 use of libgnumalloc

Chuck Robey scribbled this message on Oct 27:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>
> >  * I just releaded the XiG motif, that's where that sucker came from!  I'll
> >  * write them .... I had to order new media from them, my original floppies
> >  * turned out to be unreadable ... they only charged me $10 for the new cdrom
> >  * media, thought that was fair, and they've _really_ improved their install
> >  * script, but I guess there's more to go.
> >
> > Yeah.  XiG doesn't appear to be overly interested (to put it mildly)
> > about XFree86 compatibility,
>
> Well, they sell their own server, so they're in competetition with
> XFree86, I guess.  They're polite about it, I guess, so maybe it's
> expected.

yeh... but you have to use XFree86's clients don't you?? or is Xig now
releasing clients with their server?

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD