Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:23:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        Antony T Curtis <antony.t.curtis@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: video capture

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Antony T Curtis wrote:

ATC>Is there an analogous specification for FreeBSD as Linux's V4L?
ATC>
ATC>Is there interest (except of myself) for such a beast?

There is no such thing. It would be nice to have one (but not so broken by
design as V4L).

ATC>I'm messing about writing a KLD for a OV511 based USB capture device and
ATC>it would be nice if there was some generic interface for all such
ATC>devices. All I can see in STABLE is the bktr device for capturing.

The bktr more or less works. There are a number of issues, where the chip
documentation seems to be wrong, but you can easily get 25 fps without
much cpu usage.

harti
--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private