Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 96 17:26:54 MET
From:      Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
To:        joerg_wunsch@interface-business.de
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nakamichi CD changer

> Holm Tiffe (holm@geophysik.tu-freiberg.de) asked me for help, but i
> can't see the problem.  His Nakamichi CD changer always jams the SCSI
> controller when attempting to access multiple disks simultaneously.
>
> I've got a full SCSI_DEBUG log of what happens, but it's fairly large.
> Who could gimme a hint, or would be willing to have a look at the log?

You have a Nakamichi, too--doesn't it happen on yours?  I've seen
similar problems on mine, and I've had to power down the changer to
get it to listen to reason.  Stick it in the uucp queue, and I'll take
a look, though I don't promise to come up with an answer.

An allied question (and the reason for including -current in the
reply): I find that when I do, say, 'df /usr' as myself (grog), the
changer will go through all disks it has loaded before coming back
with the correct information.  This doesn't happen if I'm root.  Any
ideas before I go code-digging?

Greg