Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 11:34:31 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, terry@lambert.org, green@fang.cs.sunyit.edu, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: T-shirts for donations ;)...Maybe?????

Terry Lambert stands accused of saying:

> > Now a PGP-based mailback system that kept records so that if your system
> > and the key got hosed you could re-request the key _without_being_billed_
> > would have some merit.
>
> Now I can guess: you don't trust the people selling the keys to keep
> track of the keys you own.

That's one.  Then take the fact that being an offshore trader and because
your transactions are verbal only, there's no decent consumer protection,
no paper trail that can be followed to catch a shoddy vendor etc.

Then there's the simple fact that it's an incredible pain in the ass to
have to get up at 4am just to be able to buy something over the phone.

> Obviously, if a system came with ABC Software's license server, if I
> were doing a port to that system, I'd use ABC Software's client in
> my product.

Go chat to Globetrotter then.  They keep sending me annoying emails about
training courses in California, which are even less interesting to me 8)

It would quite possibly be a Big Plus to have FlexLM native on FreeBSD.  It'd
certainly clear a few headaches around here.