Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:07:45 -0400
From:      Jeffrey Racine <racinej@mcmaster.ca>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000, pwc driver, & webcam software...

Hi.

I am running FreeBSD 6.1, and am attempting to get a webcam up and
running.

I installed the pwcbsd driver and placed pwc_load="YES" in loader.conf.
Upon boot, the camera is recognized and dmesg tells me

pwc0: Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 USB webcam
pwc0: This camera is equipped with a Sony CCD sensor + TDA8787 (32)

So far so good.

Now I am at a loss, and am looking for advice.

I can't seem to find any software that captures images that works. I
have looked at camserv, motion, spcaview, cqcam, phpsview, but none of
them seem to want to cooperate (note - these use the ugen device and I
tried them w/o the pwc driver).

So, is anyone aware of software for still & motion image capture that
indeed works with the bwc driver?

Many thanks for any/all suggestions.

-- Jeff

--
Professor J. S. Racine         Phone:  (905) 525 9140 x 23825
Department of Economics        FAX:    (905) 521-8232

`The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to