Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 16:55:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, root@auselda.it, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Venting a little at Doug's expense.

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Paul T. Root wrote:

> > BTW, don't expect the Compaq to work, they have known compatibility
> > problems with FreeBSD.
>
> I continue to see this from you, Doug. And I get more annoyed. I have
> 3 Compaqs running just fine. 2 are DeskPro 2000, and one is an old
> 486. While they weren't my first choice, they are what I got from
> our purchasing (or put together from surplus).
> Paul.

Well, I tried to install FreeBSD on a Presario 7170 with no luck.  And
Compaq's machines are terrible for other reasons.  When I opened this
thing up I found out that the video card is built into the motherboard.
Bleccchhh.  It also appears to be impossible, or at least difficult, to
put the case back on after taking it off without breaking the power
switch!

> --
> Are you with the bride or the failure? - MST 3000

 Ben