Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:32:52 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        craigs@os.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two quick questions

    Craig> Also, how do I make the console clear after a user logs
    Craig> out?

If you have a bunch of csh/compatible users, a `clear' in all their
.logout files will do that.  For an unconditional clear?  Maybe adding
`\f' to the `im=' entry in /etc/gettytab would do it, but I can't test
that from here.

    Craig> I've used Linux in the past and liked the scrooling,
    Craig> clearing, and color features of the Linux console.

Scrolling: press scroll lock, then try the arrow keys.  Press scroll
lock again to leave scroll mode.

Clearing: type `clear'.

Color: the default (syscons) and the pcvt consoles already support it;
try installing colorls.  Type

	pkg_add /where/ever/packages/utilities/colorls-2.1.tgz

or install it from the ports/utils/colorls directory.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth
spin real fast and freak everybody out.  -- Jack Handey