Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:18:29 +0200 (EET)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> This is a valid viewpoint.  I've been wondering for some time how we
> could do this.  You can contribute other things than code to the
> source tree, of course, such as documentation.  But I don't see a good
> way to include systems administrators (except in exactly that function
> within the project, and opportunities there are limited).  We've also
> had problems with advocacy: some advocates are somewhat extreme, and
> we're concerned they're doing the project more harm than good.  If you
> can come up with some good suggestions, we'd like to see them (at the
> risk of Yet Another Bike Shed).

It might be possible to make use of them (at least ones who are sufficently
good at scripting and making systems fall over) to advance the regresion
and stress test parts, both in creation and having it be regularily run.
As they derive direct benefits from it they also have a reason/excuse to
spend some time and resources on it