Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2003 05:41:18 +0107 (CEST)
From:      "Frans-Jan v. Steenbeek" <FST777@phreaker.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hello Newbs

Hey Mike, welcome on the list here!

I see you've got a lot of good comments on your problem there, so...
nothing to add :)
I'm using FreeBSD for a few months now, tried unsuccesfully a few
Linux-distro before that (I managed to get VectorLinux working, but it was
too slow for me :) ). I've tried OpenBSD and NetBSD also, but the amount of
packages got me back to FreeBSD and the next thing I did is removing
Window$. Haven't missed it yet :)
The only thing I miss is my scanner, I do not get it to work (tried using
Sane, but I guess my scanner is too old...). Not that I need my scanner
that much, so... Tried to ask it on freebsd-questions but got no response
:(

Hope you continue liking FreeBSD, at least I will :)