Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:30:59 -0600
From:      Jan Beck <janb@cs.utep.edu>
To:        David Miller <dmiller@sparks.net>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD 760MP vs 760MPX

Well, I am writing this email on the asus based mpx solution. I had quite
some trouble with this board. First, there is no usb on board, so you will
need ps2 mouse and keyboard. Second, the usb 2.0 controller they send with
the board hangs it. I.e. once you put the board in, I won't even see the
bios screen - total freeze. Even if the board they send you works, it does
not have a bios extension, so you wont be able to install with a usb
keyboard - again, you will need ps2 hardware. other than that, my ps2 plugs
go off line when the board get placed into a computer case. So while testing
the system on an insulated surface, everything works. once the board is
placed into a computer case, you wont have access to your ps2 outlets. I
eventually traces this to a problem when the mounting holes are grounded.
When I insulated the mounts and mounting screws from the computer case,
everything works fine.
My frient has a tyan with no such problems....your mileage may vary.

Hope that helps.

JAn